Friday, March 4, 2016

At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks

Book: Sequel to True Believer 
Page Numbers: 288
Genre: Romance
Release Date: June 25, 2013
WARNING: If you plan on reading the first one first, there may be spoilers on this post, so don't say I didn't warn you


There are a few things Jeremy Marsh was sure he'd never do: he'd never leave new York; never give his heart away again after barely surviving one failed marriage; and most of all, never become a parent. Now, Jeremy is living in the tiny town of Brook Creek, North Carolina, married to Lexie Darnell, the love of his life, and anticipating the birth of their daughter. But just as his life seems to be settling into a blissful pattern, and unsettling a mysterious message re-opens old wounds and sets off a chain of events that will forever change the course of this young couple's marriage. 



Dramatic, heartbreaking, and surprising is about the love between a man and a woman and between a parent and a child. More than that, it is a story that beautifully portrays how the same emotion that can break your heart is also one that will ultimately heal it.

While the novel picks up the tale of Lexie Darnell and James Marsh that started in True Believer and will delight fans of that novel, it stands on its own as one of  Nicholas Sparks's most deeply moving love stories.

Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite romance authors. When I go to a library or book store, he is one of the authors I look for, because I know no matter what the book is it will be good if he wrote it. He always sets his books in North Carolina, and me being form there I feel like I connect with his stories, and I can see all the vivid details from experience.

This is the second book to the first one True Believer. I haven't read the first one yet. When my cousin gave it to me for Christmas one year, and I say it was the second book I was so bummed, because I would have to wait until I got the first book, but she told me I would understand what was going on even though it was a continuation. When reading it, it's almost like Nicholas was planning on people to not have read his first book, because he make's sure the reader knows what's going on by flash backing to events in the previous story.

   This was the very first book I read by Nicholas Sparks, but also the first book that has ever made me cry. I will never forget it. I was sitting in my grandparents living room crying. The ending was so  sad, but the rest of the story is so beautiful.

It is about a young couple, Jeremy and Lexie, and they are preparing for their wedding. Jeremy never expected this because the doctor told him he wouldn't have children, which is the reason why his first marriage failed, but now not only is he getting married to the beautiful Lexie that stole his heart, but they also have a baby on the way. It is a story of how they overcome little challenges as their relationship progresses and becomes stronger.

I have read this book over and over again because it is one of my Nicholas Sparks' books. I hope to one day read the first book, and love it just as much as this one. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

As always leave a comment letting me know if you have read this one, or the first one, or even both of them. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, or if you just want to chat. Also mistakes. Let me know if I made any. Thanks.






No comments:

Post a Comment