Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Play Dead by Harlan Coben

Page Numbers: 539
Genre: Mystery
Release Date: Originally June 1990

Theirs was a marriage made in tabloid heaven,but no sooner had supermodel  Laura Ayars and Celtics star David Baskin said ""I do" than tragedy struck. While honeymooning on Australia's Great Barrier Reef, David went of for a swim and never returned .
  Now widowed and grieving, Laura has a thousand questions and no answers. Her search for the truth will draw her into a web of lies and deception that stretches back thirty years, while on the court at the Boston Garden, a  rookie phenom makes his spectacular debut...



Harlan Coben is one of my favorite authors. What I love about his stories is that he always shocks you in the end, and when you think there is possibly nothing else that can happen, he slides in another shocker. Well in this book he doesn't fail to shock the reader. There are so many twists and turns, and the secrets that are revealed are unbelievable. I was on my the edge of my seat the whole time i was reading it, and I couldn't put it down. Laura and David are a celebrity couple and their relationship is always public, When they are on their honeymoon and David never returns from his swim, Laura is suspicious. She knows there was something bugging David, now she's trying to figure out what it was. To make things even more weird, all of a sudden a rookie basketball player shows out of nowhere. He has the same skills as David, and the way he plays reminds all his fans of David.  Laura feels something familiar whenever she is around him, but she can't quite put her finger on it.

Many readers who read this will think that the book title gives the ending away. Some may even think that it's obvious whats happening. I thought the same thing when I was reading it. I thought I was so smart that I had figured the whole book out. Boy was I fooled. Although it may seem obvious, you have to be psychic, or a crime solving genius to guess the ending. It was such a huge shock to me I had to stop and take a moment to let it sink in. My cousin who is just as big of a book lover as I am had already read it, and we talked about all the twists. She couldn't believe the ending either. Harlan Coben, as always, left me speechless and right after finishing this book, I was reaching for another one of his books because I just couldn't get enough.

If you love mysteries like I do I highly recommend his books. So far every book I have read by him I have loved, and each one I read gets better and better. Just talking his books makes me want to read another one. I really really really love his work, but I'm pretty sure you can tell that by now. Oh well,I think I've said enough. I don't want to talk you to death. I hope I you check out his books. If there is a book by him that you would like me to read please let me know by leaving a comment. Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment